I just recently celebrated my 21st Birthday, and thank you so much to everyone who made me feel so special. So in honor of 21 years, I’ve come up with a list of 21 things I’ve learned so far in life, 21 pieces of advice that may make going through life a little easier! And don’t get me wrong, I struggle to even follow my own advice, let alone someone else’s, but I hope you can take from this what you need to hear and can begin to live it out.
- Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay. The right people will.
- You don’t need a million friends, just a few good, REAL ones
- It’s okay to be different, like really different.
- Don’t let anyone try to make you feel bad for who you are and how you are.
- Create your own happiness. Don’t rely on anyone to be the source of your happiness.
- Be proud of who you are. Don’t let anyone change you.
- If you find yourself in a relationship or friendship where you feel like you do have to change for them, get out. Never compromise who you are.
- Don’t let anyone tell you, “You can’t make money in a creative field”; Do what you love and do it really well.
- Wake up with a grateful heart; Thank the Lord everyday for the day He has made and for the things He has blessed you with. You’d be amazed how it changes your attitude and outlook on life.
- Do 1 kind thing for someone every day, even if you have to go out of your way.
- Don’t talk down to yourself. Be your number 1 supporter.
- Go to target in the shirt you slept in.
- Go multiple days without wearing makeup, your skin and yourself will thank you later.
- Speaking of skin, wear sunscreen; like all the time. By the time you’re 30, you’ll have the least amount of wrinkles out of all the ladies in your squad. 😉
- Don’t waste your time on people who are up and down, if they’re not acting like your friend today, you don’t need them tomorrow.
- Play with your pets. They like really love having you around, you’re kind of a big deal to them.
- A lot of things aren’t worth arguing about, so pick your battles and play fair.
- Try to see the beauty and craftsmanship of our Lord in everything around you.
- Laugh at least 46 times a day.
- Just buy the shoes.
- Put your phone down and enjoy the life you have right in front of you.